Happy Father's Day

~ Sunday, June 21, 2009
It was a typical Sunday morning we had. We went church whereas my parents went out for breakfast with his brother. (He always escape the topic when we ask him to go church! )

I knew it is Father's Day today but then I didn't have the guts to wish him a 'Happy Father's Day'. Below are the conversation between my dad and I =)

Me: Hello, Daddy ah, where are you now? Are you coming to pick me or I follow ah gor ( my brother) ?
My dad: I'm having breakfast with your '二伯'. Ask ah gor to bring you for breakfast and 'da bao' for ah po (grandmother) ah.
Me: Ok. Daddy, Hap..
* Tut... tut... tut... tut... *
SO, instead of telling him through the phone, I sms-ed him =)

Talking about my father, he has been a great father on earth. All these years, I had been thinking how bad my dad was. For example, he scolded me for all of a sudden and some times, he humiliated me in front of my brothers. Come to think of it from the other way, it's just the way how he teaches his children. Actually, my dad doesn't scold for no reason. I had never been scolded when I was young. Since I entered secondary school, things change. I know what's the problem, it was me. I didn't appreciate what I had, I started failing my studies, and I started to rebel (It was part of the growing right?). As I get older and older, I realised that all the scoldings, all the disagreements and all the objections were for my own good. I used to say that my mom loves me the most. Now, I would say my dad loves me the most although he doesn't show the love that straight forward like my mom does.

There's a few times when he called me into his room and had a talk. We had never talked like how a father and son should be since I entered secondary schoo life. I remember the first time he asked me to have a talk with him was in 2008. He actually lectured me for my misbehavings and wanted me to change the way I used to be. There's another time when he called me into his room was during May this year. It was the most touching one I ever had. That night, he talked to me in his soft-manner. He asked me what I really wanted to study. Continue my form6 or chase after my dream? I couldn't give him an exact answer that time. I said, Form6 isn't bad at all. At least I have more choices upon my graduation. He knew what I really wanted and he promised that they would give me full support. It was the first time seeing his tears almost flowed out from his eyes. I was so touched by his words and they are still clear on my mind.

For your information, my parents run the canteen at SMK Green Road. It isn't easy to run a canteen. Can you imagine waking up at 3.30 in the morning and go to canteen at 4?!?! Working non-stop and have no time to rest in order to prepare the food for the students. Could only be able to leave canteen until recess in afternoon session has ended and they usually reach home at 5 or later! Then the same goes on the next morning. What if they fall sick? Do you think they can just stay at home and rest? Have you seen any canteen is closed on normal schooling days? Have you? I have been through the same circumstance and I have to tell you that it is so tiring that you couldn't imagine it. Why are they doing this for? For one reason - their family, especially their children.

Ever since I graduated from Form5, my father and I talk more than usual. Which is a good thing. My father may be stubborn and strong from the outside, but deep inside his heart, he loves every child of his. I love my father, I love my mum, I love my family. Still remember 'family' is also an acronym? Father And Mother I Love You. Lastly, Happy Father's Day =)


1 comments:

Lee Ah Wei said...

看了你的blog,真是感动~特别是念到你爸强忍眼泪说会完全支持你,可以感受到爸爸对儿子的心切。很欣赏你爸爸和你沟通的方法。透过进房间,慢慢了解他的儿子。我也是第一次知道原来FAMILY是代表这么动人的句子~。很好! 我会继续看你的blog~加油!