Blood donation - Failed

~ Saturday, October 24, 2009
Sigh~ Went to the church at 10a.m this morning and waited for Chong Yung as I've asked him to come along to donate blood too. After he had arrived, I went to seek for doctor's advice and here's the conversation.

Me: Excuse me Doc, my 18th birthday falls on next Friday which is 6days from now. Am I able to donate blood?
Doc: I'm sorry young man but you're not allowed to do so as it's illegal for those who are underage to donate blood unless you have your parents accompanying.
Me: But it's just 6days away from now Doc.
Doc: No worry young man, you'll have 42 years to donate blood once you have reached 18. NEXT!

So, I was quite disappointed as I didn't get the chance to donate my blood. On the other hand, I was amazed by the strictness of their system and how professional the medical assistants and doctor are. To my surprise, they are willing to come our church to do this blood donation campaign as they have Malay assistants among them.

It was Chong Yung's first time donating blood. I couldn't imagine how it feels seeing your own blood running down to the packet through the tube. But it sure feels good for being able to help the others who need blood. Blood donation brings benefits to ourselves and to the others. I personally recommend all of you to take part in it. It's only 3months intervals before you can donate blood again.

After that, went to the sPring with Chong Yung and he bought 2pairs of boxers. Lols. So that's all for today.

1 comments:

cHiNg said...

it was really too bad i cant donate blood yesterday. but i'm totally agree with u dat we can do a little to help much those in nd.

hope we all can c other ppl's need more than ourselves'....

Cheerz~~